Been reading again...
Title: Help needed, Desperately
Author:Alice Horn
This book is abt this girl who is a recent graduate and is trying to find a real job, a real life in the real world... I think this book accurately describes the agony of searching for a new job as a fresh grad... the insecurities that you have cos of your lack of qualification and experience. Not everbody is the lucky enuff to have jobs throwing themselves at you unless you are a scholar.. While reading this book, it reminds me of a yr back when i was searching for job...Dammit...i seriously hate that sending resume...going for interview lifestyle... it's so depressing and demoralising when you are not accepted.. and you have to dress up for a less than an hour interview. And i hate the brainless questions they ask... like...tell me.."What's your strength and weaknessess?"...Hello? There's no point asking this question cos i believe everybody BULLSHITS their way through...and how are you gonna judge them? Based on their bullshitting skills... Thank goodness I'm employed now and i do not have to go through that sort of crap again... And for those peeps who are still in search...like liyi... good luck dear... you just simply have to have the nv say die attitude...else...train your bullshitting skills...
Btw, I'm only halfway through this book but I really liked style of this author... She made the character so interesting (and why do I say that...Becos... the main lead was so desperate for job that she tried to apply for things like...phone sex operator and earthworm breeder...lol... i din noe you could make a business out of breeding earthworms in the US. And she described it as a lucrative business...lol...for young entreprenuer's out there...maybe you can try doing that in Singapore...lol) but yet... you can still feel her insecurities.. It's like watching a picture show. Fabulous book.....
Dammit...I'm so tempted to read now...but nono...gotta do my work....sobz sobz